On my last blog I began a 2 part Series Entitled God Is. If I asked every person I came into contact with to answer the question, God Is? I would get many different answers.
The Bible tells us many things that God is. The last time we discovered that 1. God Is a Spirit, 2. God Is Light, 3. God Is Love, 4. God Is Invisible, 5. God Is Incorruptible and 6. God Is Eternal.
We need to be reminded that regardless of the situation that we are going through today God is the answer to that situation. Let’s look at some more scriptures to find out what God is.
- God Is Omnipotent. Genesis 17:1 “And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect. And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.”
- We serve a God that has unlimited power and authority.
- He is an all powerful God.
- He has all the power that we need or will ever need.
- Have you allowed Him to perform His work in your life?
- God is Omniscient.
Jeremiah 1:5 “Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.”
Psalms 139:1-6 1″O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art aquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether. Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.”
- God knows all things.
- He knows everything about you.
- He knows the situations that you are facing at this time.
- You cannot go anywhere without God knowing it.
- There is no place to hide from His presence.
- God is Omnipresent.
Psalms 139:7-8 “Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.”
- He is present in all places at the same time.
- God is present with all of us in every situation of life.
- God is Holy.
Psalms 99:9 “Exalt the LORD our God, and worhip at his holy hill; for the LORD our God is holy.”
- We are living in a very unholy generation.
- Many people are more concerned about the things of the flesh than they are the things of the spirit.
- We are serving a God that is holy.
- He is perfect or pure in all ways.
- He is untainted with the stains of fleshly sins.
- God is Holy and He lives inside of us by His Spirit, and we are to be Holy.
- God is Just.
Isaiah 45:21 ” Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take councel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.”
- Our God is right and fair.
- He is impartial.
- He is righteous.
- We serve a one of a kind God.
- There is not a God beside Him or like Him.
- God is Faithful.
1 Corinthians 10:13 “There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.”
- We are serving a God that is constant and loyal.
- Many individuals are very unfaithful, but God is always faithful.
- A lot of people will tell you one thing and do something else.
- God always keeps His Word, because He cannot lie.
- We must be reliable and take our responsibility seriously.
- God is looking for a people to be steadfast and to keep their word.
- He will never ask you to go through a situation that you are unable to make it through.
- God is Merciful.
Psalms 86:5-7 “For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plentous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee. Give ear, O LORD, unto my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications. In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee: for thou wilt answer me.”
- Many individuals want to award judgment to others, but they want others to show them mercy
- We serve a loving and kind God that is full of mercy.
- God has the same guidelines for us all, He requires the same from us all.
- We are told in Acts 10:34 that God is not a respecter of person.
- He does not love us on our own merit or goodness.
- We are undeserving of His mercy, and we cannot do anything to cause it to happen.
- He loves us and shows mercy because He is God.
- God does not wish to get even with us.
- He wants to show us compassion and heal our wounds.
- He loves us regardless of what we have done.
- God wants to show us mercy and forgiveness.
It is good to know that we have a God that is everything we need Him to be. He is also a present help in time of trouble. He has promised to never leave us nor forsake us.
He is near you at this time. He has not abandoned you, and neither will He leave you alone for the enemy to destroy you. He loves you and cares about you. I encourage you to allow Him to speak rest to your weary soul through His word.
The promises of His word are yours, and He is whatever you have need of and are allowing Him to be. Not only does He care about you, He is great and greatly to be praised. The more that we know about God the easier it is to trust in Him to do what we need done in our lives.