There is often a big difference in the things that we say, and the things that God says. We say the things that we do many times based on the situation that we are in or the things that we are going through. God’s Word never changes, and we can count on what He says in His Word to always be the same.
I want us to go to the Bible and find things that we can count on that has been said by God in His Word. Going to the Word and finding out what God says is always encouragement to us.
- God Says I Will Direct Your Steps.
Proverbs 3:5-6 “5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”
- We would say that I can’t figure it out.
- As we can see there is a big difference in our thinking than what God’s Word says.
- God Says I Will Give you Rest.
Matthew 11:28-30 “28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
- We would say that I am too tired.
- God Says All Things Are Possible.
Luke 18:27 “And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.”
- We would say it is impossible.
- God Says I Love you.
John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
- We would say nobody loves me.
- God Says I Forgive you.
Romans 8:1 “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.”
- We would say I can’t forgive myself.
6. God Says It Will Be Worth It.
Romans 8:28 “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”
- We would say it is not worth it.
- God Says I Will Give you Wisdom.
1 Corinthians 1:30 “But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:”
- We would say I am not smart enough.
- God Says I Am Able.
2 Corinthians 9:8 “And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:”
- We would say I am not able.
- God Says My Grace Is Sufficient.
2 Corinthians 12:9 “And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”
- We would say I can’t go on.
10. God Says You Can Do All Things.
Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”
- We would say I can’t do it.
11. God Says I Will Supply All Of Your Needs.
Philippians 4:19 “But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”
- We would say I can’t manage this.
12. God Says I Have Not Given You Fear.
2 Timothy 1:7 “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”
- We would say I am afraid.
13. God Says I Will Never Leave You.
Hebrews 13:5 “Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.”
- We would say I feel all alone.
Have you ever said any of these things? I am sure that we have said most of these things at some point in our lives. But as we can see that God’s Word usually says things are a lot different than what we say. God loves us, and He really does care about us. We can find the answers to many of our problems found in the pages of His Word. We can also find encouragement from the Word of God.